Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Fake ID


In all honesty if jean sizes and scales did not exist, I would not know I have lost so much weight. When I look at myself in the mirror, I see a little change once in a while. Unless I am looking at a picture at my complete heaviest, I really do not see it. It is not that I dont know I have lost weight. It is just I see myself everyday, so it is more of a subtle change for me than someone that has not seen me in a year.

 I have realized that people that have lost a lot of weight, really do need the pats on the back. Most of us dont really have the most honest body image. We either think we are thinner than we really are, or heavier. Most people that have lost weight or are in the process of losing weight still probably think they are alot heavier looking than they actually are. What helps us weight losers are people that tell us they notice a difference. That little encouragement goes so far. It keeps me going. This brings me to the coolest story ever.

So I tried to buy alcohol the other day and guess what happened? The cashier refused my ID. "Why?' you might ask. Ok, Ok I'll tell you. He refused my ID because I do not look like my picture. I do not look like the picture of the chubby girl (2 years ago Shannon) in my ID photo. HECK YES!

It took that cashier to refuse my license for me to realize I had changed my whole self. I am in no way the same girl that posed for that picture in my license. I am sure that cashier did not know that the simple denial of my license made my day. I am so happy. I have always hated that license photo and for someone to tell me that I did not look like that girl in the photo made me feel like a huge brick had been lifted off my shoulders. I am not that girl anymore. I am stronger, wiser, and healthier. I am Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment