Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Mo Money, Mo Problems




Have you ever heard of the phrase 'Mo Money, Mo Problems'? It means when you have more, you get more. Good and Bad. I realized that is most likely the most genius phrase ever made. I was thinking about that and realized that ground breaking phrase really explains my life. Now now, do not get me wrong. I am a broke acting student that buys generic peas. Green Giant is just a brand. I am not talking about money. 'Mo Money, Mo Problems' explains many aspects of life. In my case, weight loss. The thinner and healthier I got, the more life I gained. Metaphorically and physically. Most likely I have gained years to my life by lowering my BMI ten points, but even more importantly I gained life experiences. Good and Bad.


When I was younger starting this journey, I thought life was going to be Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows. I was going to get thin and everyone was going to love me. I would have a perfect relationship with everyone I knew and it would be all due to me being thin. Now I realize that bringing in new experiences, such as weight loss, brought in good and bad experiences with it. Now of course I am happy that I lost my weight. I would not be the woman I am today without learning how to take care of myself and changing my life for the better. However this experience has also been a huge slap of reality for me because I realize life never ends until it does. I will always have struggles. Maybe I wont struggle anymore with weight, but I could with something completely different or new. Life is always full of experiences. My weight problems were always my main problem growing up, so I made myself completely oblivious to other problems that life brings. Now, I see there are other things that I will always battle.


Being overweight my whole life made me always feel I needed to be the entertainer. I thought I needed to compensate for my outer appearance, so I made sure to be the comic relief at all times. This never went away. I am now a thin girl with a fat girls humor. I am always so animated and goofy. I actually have a problem with being serious. This was alot more acceptable when I was heavier. Some people now just seem to think I am trying to show off or get more attention. The strangest thing of all of this is the things I used to do to make people laugh, now just makes some of them talk behind my back. It is not as accepting anymore to always be a character, when you no longer look the part.


I realize now losing weight is a lot like getting a job promotion. We all are capable of doing it, it is just if we have the motivation to do so. 'Mo Money, Mo Problems' is now my new catch phrase when people ask me about my weight loss. People always want to know how it feels and I can not exactly tell you how it feels, because it did not happen over night. It was a gradual growth. However I will say once more that life never ends until it does. We will always be given good and bad experiences in our lives, it is what we make out of it.

1 comment: