Wednesday, March 13, 2013

You People Suck


Throughout my weight loss journey, I have experienced a lot of changes. In the last year, I have swam in so many pant sizes, tied up so many drawstrings, and darted so many dresses. These changes came a little bit each day, slowly getting me used to my new life. However there is one thing that I just got punched in the face with.

I have been on a constant weight loss wagon in which not only do I track my progress, but other people in my life do as well.  Not too long ago, if I wanted Taco Bell, there was always someone to say " Are you still on your diet?" ........
I would reply with "Damn. Fine, I will have one fresco taco and a water".

You know guys, sometimes I just want to eat something 'bad'. My people will not let me. They constantly let me know to "keep up the good work" which if anyone is still losing weight knows that really means "I have noticed you have lost weight, but you still need to lose more". It's ok, They dont know any better.

A year ago in my fat naive mind, I thought getting this close to my goal would be monsterous. People would ask me "How did you do it?" and say things like "You are my inspiration". Now, I am not saying I have not heard these things during my weight loss journey, but I thought it would be a flood of compliments. Most importantly I thought I would not have any more cynical talk from people. I thought my life would mirror a 'Biggest Loser' finale. I wanted confetti to fall on me while my parents cry in complete joy while holding a huge check. I wanted people wanting to know exactly what I did so they could follow in my example. What I got was a punch in the face of reality.

People are going to be proud of you and supportive until you actually look thin. Then all the 'great jobs' and 'wow, you look greats' disapear. Why? I am still doing well. Why thou not you compliment me still?
Something changed. I am now not in the category of people that other people think they need to compliment anymore. They assume I have heard it all before and I know how good I look. Wake up people, I still want the compliments! I did not run so hard until I hit the kitchen tile to get quiet smiles of validation. I need the "you look greats"!

Now, I am not saying people are ignoring my weight loss. I am just saying it is coming in different forms. I went from "keep it ups!" to " you need to eat something". What?! Dont you people know I worked hard for this loss. I do not understand how they can see me losing 60 pounds by healthy eating and excersise, but the second I am 'thin', I lost the weight by starving myself.

Oh yeah, get ready weight losers. When you get thin, people start throwing jokes about eating disorders. I was hungry the other day, and my father jokes "let me get you the cracker and grape". Why all of the sudden I cant be thin? All of these "keep it ups" to enforce me to get to my goal weight, which I still have not met. Now everybody is telling me when I finally do meet this goal, I will be too thin?? This does not make sense!

No sense, I tell ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment